click to enlarge
More information about your stay at "Welcome Springs"
- Continental breakfast provisions, 5-7 person Hot Tub for larger group
- Individual energy efficient reverse cycle room air-conditioners
- Main bedroom with lux King Size Bed and quality furniture.
- A couples Indulgent Escape, You will have absolute privacy!
- Special Rates for a longer stay... with or without breakfasts.
- Welcome Springs Cottage can be enjoyed by up to 8 Adults.
- Bathroom has a large separate shower, two vanities, heat lamps.
- Quality linen, towels and most toiletries are provided for your use.
- Most beds are fitted with electric blankets in the cooler months.
- The Garden room has a large glass wall providing excellent views of the valley, hills, water features, gardens and colourful bird life.
- The large Kitchen includes a dishwasher, microwave, convection oven, 4 b/cook top, large range of crockery, glassware, pots & pans
- Our central location enables guests to enjoy all that the Fleurieu has to offer. You won’t be short of things to do!
- Optional massage and packages by Helen, your B&B host and a fully accredited Remedial Massage Therapist, a member of the Australian Association of Massage Therapists - AAMT
- MOBILE Phones, most mobile phones have poor reception at WS
- Check In Time: 3:00 pm
- Checkout Time: 11:00 am
“Have a Memorable and Enjoyable stay”
Information on your Destination
A Way to Relax at Welcome Springs Country Stays is located 60km south of Adelaide between Mt Jagged and Victor Harbor (we are 11 km south of Mt Compass) on the Adelaide to Victor Harbor Road (2.8km south of Alexandrina Cheese Company) this area has some of the most picturesque countryside in South Australia. Championship golf courses, award winning wineries and fresh produce markets all nearby. A short scenic drive away (10 minutes) is the white sandy beaches of and shops of Port Elliot and Victor Harbor. Jump on the historic steam powered Cockle train and check out the beautiful coastal views, a whale or two if you are lucky (June to early October) - visit Granite Island on the horse drawn tram, take a walk on the famous Heysen Trail or picnic in one of the many Conservation & National Parks.
Our environment is very important so please join us in trying to reduce our carbon footprint. At Welcome Springs accommodation we are mindful of the impact we are all having on the planet and are constantly learning of new ways to reduce our water and energy use. Lighting in the Cottage and Garden uses mainly low voltage LEDs with some using stored energy from batteries charged by both Solar Panels and soon to be installed wind turbines. All hot water is now provided by instant LPG water heaters with emissions that have much less impact on our environment. All organic waste is either composted in our hot box composting bins or fed to the chickens who provide manure for the plants, the Alexandrina Council recycling collection system processes the rest!
Most of the roof area is used to collect rainwater that is stored in large food grade Poly-tanks, along with the re-freshing spring water pumped daily from our spring. The cool clean water is then filtered and used in the Cottage, bed & breakfast and our home.
In early 2000 we started to restore the Cottage using around 70% recycled materials including windows, glass and flooring timbers. Toilets are all dual flush, water efficient shower heads all help to conserve valuable water.... All of our grey & waste water is collected in a very large (in-ground) tank, the Bio-Cycle aerobic waste water treatment system processes it all, then after treatment and when safe! the nutrient filled water is pumped up to our orchard and rose gardens. Now that’s recycling!
Welcome Springs encourages its guests and visitors to conserve water when showering or having a relaxing Spring Water Spa-Bath.